ProSale Identity Provider (IdP)
Problems we solve
With ProSale Identity Provider (IdP) user's identity can be verified with an user id and password, one-time-password via Text Message (SMS), E-mail, or with a unique link (URL).
We use ProSale IdP in ProSale Signing to verify the user’s identity together with other IdP:s. ProSale IdP provides Single Sign-On access to applications located across organizations boundaries.
ProSale IdP is developed according to SAML 2.0 (Security Assertion Markup Language) which is an XML-based open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between security domains, that is, between an identity provider (a producer of assertions) and a service provider (a consumer of assertions). SAML is built on existing standards:
- XML Extensible Markup Language - SAML uses a standardized dialect of XML.
- XML Schema - SAML assertions and protocols are specified using XML Schema.
- XML Signature - SAML use digital signatures (based on the XML Signature standard) for authentication and message integrity.
- XML Encryption - SAML 2.0 provides elements for encrypted name identifiers, encrypted attributes, and encrypted assertions.
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) - SAML relies heavily on HTTP as its communications protocol.
- SOAP - SAML specifies the use of SOAP, specifically SOAP 1.1.